2 pack of Wonton Wrapper (40 pcs)
1 piece of big beancurd (Tofu)
Spring Onion or Chinese Parsley(chopped)
2 pieces fresh Mushroom (chopped)
1 small Carrot (chopped)
1.5 tablespoon Corn Flour
1 teaspoon of Soysauce
½ teaspoon Sugar
Pinch of Pepper
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1. Pre-boil carrot to make it soft and chop carrot into small dice.
2. Cut and chopped mushroom into small bits.
3. Cut spring onion/chinese parsley finely.
4. Mash tofu with a fork in a medium bowl or plate.
5. Mix the mashed tofu, carrot, mushroom, spring onion/Chinese parsley, soya sauce, pepper, sugar, sesame oil and flour. This is the wonton filling.
6. Lay a wonton wrapper in front of you. Place a bit of filling in the middle. Fold up the wonton diagonally, making sure the end meet. Use some water to glue them together. Press down firmly on the ends to seal.
7. Heat wok with oil.
8. Add wanton few at a time, sliding them in carefully and turning to make sure they are golden brown evenly.
9. Drain on paper towels and served as soon as possible to ensure they remain crispy.
Tip : Heat up the wonton in the oven or microwave, if it loses its crispy.